Bianca Willis Updated on Apr 20 , 2022 Tag: Windows
Updated on April 20, 2022.
Summary: This is a guide providing 2 ways to screen record your Windows 10 computer with audio coming from system or microphone. Thus you can create a more engaging capture at will. Your screen capture is going to be lifeless if there’s no original sound or any voiceover. And in most cases, it’s necessary to do screen recording with sound. For personal guide or teaching video production, it’s more convenient to do real-time explanation than dubbing afterwards. But for various reasons, your final screen recording may have no sound as you expect. Nobody wants to create or enjoy a battle royal gameplay recording without dread yell sound, a training video with no background explanation, or a muted streaming recording with clownish movements… So here in this article we will come to the topic of how to screen record on Windows PC with audio. The sound source may come from the system itself, a browser, an application or the external microphone. To begin with, since Windows system has a screen recording application off the rack, we will give a place for it as the first way. And the other way falls on recording with a solid third-party screen and audio recorder.
How to Screen Record on Windows 10 with Audio More Flexibly
Pros: Record whatever screen actions with sound at will; Flexible output settings; Effects and edits available It would be much more convenient to do recording with a handy screen and audio recorder. Certainly there are some freeware to standby, but honestly they are more suitable for those old soldiers or recruits who are willing to take time to tinker around the complicated stuff. If you are not the one, cheap and commercial recorder is your top choice. RecMaster, as one of the best video capture software for Windows, is lightweight but powerful. With five recording modes built in and various advanced settings, it enables you to record on-screen actions at your disposal. No more words, let’s just check how to use RecMaster to screen record with audio on PC. Step 1. Download, install and open RecMaster Free DOWNLOAD the RecMaster’s exe package here and do the installation then. After that, launch it to go ahead. Step 2. Choose capture mode and audio sources Select one mode according to your actual need from the main interface. For example, if you plan to record gameplay then hit the Game Mode, the whole desktop hit the Full Screen, a specific region hit the Custom, your front camera hit the Webcam. After that, select the audio source to record. Just click your mouse to decide whether to turn on system sound, microphone and adjust volume. Also, you are free to set video format, resolution and frame rate here. If you are using dual monitors, RecMaster permit you to do selection, too. By clicking the left bottom Settings icon, you can define your mouse effects, watermark and hotkeys according to your habits. Step 3. Start Recording When preparation is done, tap the red round button to begin the recording. During the recording, you are optional to make some annotations with the drawing board tool. When you end the recording, just preview from the recording list and RecMaster allows you to cut recording or upload online in one click. Note that RecMaster full version has no limit on recording length and empowers users to do scheduling recording. See also: How to Record Screen with Narration on Windows and Mac
Way 2: How to Screen Record with Sound on Windows 10 Without Software Download
Pros: No software downloads; Record most programs and games alone with audio Cons: Limited recording capability / Unable to record webcam, desktop, file explorer and complicated operations Windows 10 introduces new Game Bar feature for gamers to capture gameplay. And it can also be taken as one of the best screen recorder for Windows to record general programs’ operations. So let’s just go ahead to take a look at how to record the Windows 10 with audio with it. Step 1. Go to Settings from start menu and navigate to Gaming window. Make sure the Game bar option “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” is turned on. Here you can also do some other settings regarding capture, such as keyboard shortcuts, saving folder of game clips, maximum recording length, video and audio quality, video frame rate and sound volume. When you finish those preparation, just close the windows to move on. Step 2. Press the shortcut “Win + G” (if you didn’t change it in step 1) to pop Game Bar up. Step 3. Click to open the Settings windows, where you can define what audio to record under Capturing: Game (Game + enabled mic) or All (Game, enabled mic, apps, system) Step 4. After setting what audio to record, press the leftmost Capture button to display another dedicated panel Step 5. Tap the third “Start recording” button or use hotkeys “Win + Alt + R” to begin the capture. Be aware that you can take an overall control of when to turn on or off the microphone sound with “Win + Alt + M”. Step 6. Stop the recording by clicking the blue button showing on the floating bar or shotcuts “Win + Alt + R”. Then open and preview the video from Game bar directly. It’s fairly simple to record game or program with Game bar by taking the mic or system sound in. The drawback is that Game bar does not support recording Windows desktop, file explorer or activities involving more than one program. That’s to say, basic screencasting for a single task is OK while any advanced recording may take your time to find some Game bar alternative. Good screen recording idea and plan is just a beginning. And a solid screen and audio recorder can make things easier. You don’t have to waste your time creating more problems with an advanced complex tool, because the ones we’ve mentioned here are already optimal choices. Related Article: 4 Best Screen and Voice Recorders
Screen recording made easy.
Record every moment on your PC or Mac within few clicks.
- 7 Essential Tips for Recording Your Screen Like a Pro
- A Detailed Overview of Screen Recording [Best Screen Recording Software]
- Get Started with Screen Recording in 3 Simple Steps
- How to Record Incoming Audio At Meetings?
- How to Convert 1K to 2K Resolution? [Two Ways]
- RecMaster Partners – Cooperate with RecMaster
- Redeem RecMaster from Offical Website
- How to Redeem RecMaster Pro on Steam?
- How to Fix the Loom “Not Working” Errors Easily
- 12 Screen Recording Tips for Creating Better Videos
- ShareX Review and Best Alternative in 2022
- How to Fix OBS Encoding Overloaded Issue 
- Top 6 Best Screen Recorder for Teachers in 2023
RecMaster – Record Every Moment on Your Computer Screen
Multiple recording modes make it easy to capture anything on screen.
Record 1080p or even 4K clips at 60fps to maintain the high quality still.
Flexible settings for mouse cursor effects, watermark and annotations.
Preloaded with recording scheduler, video editor. Allow one-click sharing.
Free Trial Buy Now
Home / How-to / Top 6 Best Screen Recorder for Teachers in 2023
Bianca Willis started her copywriting career since 2014. As a tech editor with over 6 years writing experience, she has worked out hundreds of posts on multi-media solutions (video recording included), hot gadgets and troubleshooting tips.
Related & Hot Articles
- General How-to
- Screen Recorder
- Online Media
Subscribe to keep up with the latest software discounts , news, and updates.
How do I record both screens and audio? ›
- Get set up: Open Microsoft Stream and select Create > Record screen.
- Allow permissions: Select “Allow Microsoft Stream” to use your camera and microphone.
- Select your screen: Select the Record button to start recording. ...
- Enable audio and start recording: Select the checkbox Share audio.
Navigate to the screen you wish to record and press Win + G to open Game Bar. Several Game Bar widgets appear on the screen with controls for capturing screenshots, recording video and audio, and broadcasting your screen activity.How do you record your screen with sound and mic at the same time? ›
Right-click the microphone and click "Properties" under the "Listen" tab, and tick the box before "Listen to this device." In this way, the audio from the microphone can be simultaneously recorded with the audio playing on your computer.How do you record internal and external audio at the same time? ›
Here's how to record external and internal audio on your Android device. Use your phone's microphone and an audio recorder app to record external audio on Android. You can use the phone's built-in screen recorder feature or download an app from the Google Play Store to record internal audio.How to record screen in Windows 10 with audio without any software? ›
Hit the "Start Recording" button or press the Win + Alt + R keys. After that, simply hit Escape or Win + G again to exit the Game bar and begin recording your screen.How do you split audio when recording? ›
- Upload your audio files. Upload your audio to VEED; you can drag and drop them into the Timeline.
- Split. To split your audio, simply move the slider anywhere on the Timeline and click on the Split tool. ...
- Save! Click Export and save your new audio file on your device!
The first and the most recommended screen and audio recorder are DemoCreator. It is extremely simple to use because of its intuitive user interface. Screen audio recorders for Windows are used by both businesses and people for a variety of purposes.How do I record my computer screen with sound on PC? ›
- Windows: Shift+F9.
- Mac: Control+Shift+Spacebar.
- press and hold the record button until the settings for the screen recording pops up; and.
- press the icon Microphone Off to turn it on.
- Step 1: Download and install the DemoCreator. ...
- Step 2: Enable the audio recording. ...
- Step 3: Start recording. ...
- Step 4: Detach the game audio. ...
- Step 5: Edit the sound files. ...
- Step 6: Export and share.
How do you sync audio and video from two sources? ›
- Find your audio and video files in your media bins.
- Drag the two files into your timeline. ...
- Use peaks in the audio wavelength to line up the audio from your mic and the audio from your camera. ...
- Manually drag your audio file so that it lines up with the video audio.
You can record internal audio on Windows 10 using the Windows Voice Recorder or third-party tools like AppGeeker Screen Recorder or Audacity. Windows 10's built-in recorder is limited to basic recording functions. It doesn't allow you to add effects or edit your recording.What screen recorder has internal audio? ›
Mobizen Screen Recorder (Android)
Mobizen is an Android screen recorder that lets you record the system sound with the screen. Gamers widely use it because it can record users' voices while playing and capturing system sound. This Android screen recorder makes internal audio capture as easy as 123.
Easy steps for Samsung Android screen recorder with internal audio: Swipe down from the top of the screen to the bottom with two fingers to open the Quick Settings menu. Swipe left, and the icon of"Screen recorder" will show on your screen. Tap on it!Does Windows have a built in audio recorder? ›
Windows Sound Recorder
To open Sound Recorder, click on the "Start Menu" in the lower left hand corner of your screen. In the search bar, type "Sound Recorder." 2. Click "Start Recording" to begin recording sound.
- Open this voice recorder, and click the sound sign in the lower-left corner of the function interface.
- Then, choose "Options" to turn the microphone off. ...
- Select "REC" in this audio tool. ...
- Click the stop button to finish it.
- Find the work on its "Recordings".
Audacity. The audio editing program offers the necessary tools to separate vocals from music. You can choose to transform the theme from stereo to mono, select one of the channels and use the “Invert” function to remove the vocals from a track using the separation method.What is a split audio track? ›
A split track is simply a stereo audio track in which the left or right channel has something the other does not. Usually it's the vocals. Singers love these because they can hear how the song should sound and then sing to just the instruments.How do I combine two recordings? ›
- Select an audio file. To put your songs together, you can add two or more files from your PC, Mac, Android or iPhone. ...
- Combine MP3 and other audio. If you want, you can add more tracks to merge. ...
- Save the result. And it's done!
If an app doesn't have permission to access the microphone, it won't be able to record any sound. To check if an app has permission to access the microphone, open Settings and click on Privacy. Click on Microphone from the left sidebar and ensure that the toggle next to the app is turned on.
Why can't I record sound in screen recording? ›
There are a few things you can do to make sure your computer audio can be captured by the screen recorder: Make sure Sound Enhancements are disabled. Make sure you aren't using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Make sure you aren't using a gaming headset.Which app is better for screen recording? ›
SCR Screen Recorder is one of the most recommended Android cellphone screen recorders. You can record audio, video and also have the option of using the camera during the recording. The downside is that in order to access the app, you need root privileges, i.e., enable super user features.How can I record my screen and audio on Windows for free? ›
- You can record your screen on Windows 10 using the Game Bar, or a third-party app like OBS Studio.
- The Windows Game Bar comes pre-installed on all PCs, and can be opened by pressing the Windows Key + G.
- OBS Studio is a free app that lets you record your screen, the audio from your computer, and more.
To record screen, you can directly click the red REC button. The keyboard shortcut key is Windows + Alt + R. To record screen and your microphone voice together, you can click the mic icon next to record icon to turn on mic while recording, thus, to record computer screen and microphone audio simultaneously.How do I record my screen with sound and quick time player? ›
- With QuickTime Player open, go to File > New Screen Recording.
- A Screen Recording prompt will appear. ...
- When you are ready, click the record button. ...
- When you are ready to finish recording, in the top menu bar, click on the Stop Icon.
- Start Vmaker's Chrome extension on your system. ...
- Set the recording area. ...
- Set your recording resolution. ...
- Select the audio source of your choice. ...
- Enable your tab audio. ...
- Click on “Start Recording” ...
- Start the game you want to record. ...
- To stop recording click on the red icon or the dock button.
There are a few things you can do to make sure your computer audio can be captured by the screen recorder: Make sure Sound Enhancements are disabled. Make sure you aren't using 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound. Make sure you aren't using a gaming headset.How can I record my screen on my Windows laptop with audio for free? ›
- Step 1: Open the Vmaker app. ...
- Step 2: Check the microphone. ...
- Step 3: Select Preferences from the drop-down menu. ...
- Step 4: Enable System Audio. ...
- Step 5: Choose recording mode and ACTION. ...
- Step 6: Stop the recording.
- Install Movavi Screen Recorder. Download Movavi Screen Recorder and install the program following the on-screen instructions. ...
- Start recording the internal sound. Launch the recorder. ...
- Edit the result. Got your sound? ...
- Save the file.
You can make an audio-only recording with QuickTime Player. In the QuickTime Player app on your Mac, choose File > New Audio Recording. Click the Options pop-up menu, then choose any of the following recording options: Microphone: Choose a microphone (if you have more than one available).
How do I record my desktop audio? ›
- Open Windows Voice Recorder. To record desktop audio, start with opening the Windows Voice Recorder application. ...
- Open settings and enable microphone or speakers. ...
- Select recording device. ...
- Start recording. ...
- Save recording. ...
- Delete recording. ...
- Stop recording.
OBS Studio is an open source screen recorder for video recording and live-streaming without a watermark and time limitation. Using this software, you can capture not only the entire display or a window but also from a webcam and microphone.How do I record gameplay on my computer with in game sound? ›
For full-screen PC games, use Windows logo key + Alt + G to start and stop recording.Why can't I record my screen with sound? ›
If an app doesn't have permission to access the microphone, it won't be able to record any sound. To check if an app has permission to access the microphone, open Settings and click on Privacy. Click on Microphone from the left sidebar and ensure that the toggle next to the app is turned on.Why is my sound not working when I record a video? ›
If the video you captured doesn't have audio, firstly check if all your cables are plugged in correctly. Another reason may be that the recording input device has not been set up properly.